4 replies
Nina (cl)
Class Leader
Votes:
+10
Class Leader
Active
Warcraft
as one of the most mobile melee classes your aim should be targeting the soaks away from the boss, use vengeful retreat to get a head start and zip towards one that is tucked in the corners. This becomes even more important when 2 ppl are required to cover one soak.
Also, Netherwalk I'd say is a must, it can save your neck if you get pulled in or other close call situations.
Posted Feb 1, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Dizcordia (O)(cl)
Class Leader
Votes:
+63
Officer
Class Leader
Active
Wildstar
Warcraft
I agree and to expand upon this to other melee classes (in the wrong forum section yes, but it avoids me making individual threads):

- Outlaw Rogues: Trait into Grapple Hook to move out for quick distant soaks, Sprint back in.
- Warriors: If you have either Timeless Stratagem (Legendary Shoulders) or Aggramar's Stride (Legendary Boots), use them and soak the distant circles. Even better use them both, trait into Bounding Stride, and become one of the most mobile classes in the game.

Remember, as with most Mythic raid encounters your personal DPS score is vastly less important than the correct execution of mechanics. Swapping gear out to help succeed at mechanics, even if it results in a DPS loss, is worthwhile and encouraged.
Posted Feb 1, 18 · Last edited Feb 1, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+15
Active
Wildstar
Warcraft
One of my thoughts on this is that we sort of split the room - and that the ranged mainly deal with any of the annilation soaks on the left behind the tanks - and hence melee avoid having to run through the tank bomb area?
The melee dps deal with the ones that spawn on the right at the back...? I got several in that area on later tries with my zip - and was able to get back to the decimation area in time easy.
I am not sure if that would work tho as with the decimations dont the ranged have to stack with us...?
Also - I didnt realize until much wipes later that we needed to soak the P3 ones twice - so my bad for not being more prepared for that mechanic...
I have been using my netherwalk to save me from the Erradiaction - that just kept wiping me out - but am hoping now with a couple upgrades from last night that my stamina has improved enough to be able to not have to use that and just use blur instead.
That said - I am still a bit fuzzy on that mechanic - seemed it I moved away to the back too early (when the weapon was at 30% ) I died - and then if I waited till it was all gone and moved with the group I still died...
Posted Feb 2, 18
Larnen (O)(cl)O
Class Leader
Votes:
+216
Admins
Online on Site
Guild Master
Officer
Class Leader
Active
Wildstar
Warcraft
The mechanic is pretty simple - you take damage depending on distance, so use a speed boost to get clear as soon as it goes below about 15% (given you have a speed boost). You will be taking damage constantly though, so you'd have died because the healers couldnt top you up. As we're moving too and we can't heal when moving its a pain, and depends somewhat on the degree we can preposition vs having to top people up during.

In short, get to 15%, then get to the back asap.
1dURcqH.png
Posted Feb 2, 18
List
Undo
Nina (cl)
Class Leader
Votes:
+10
Class Leader
Active
Warcraft
Only overlap there is with the tank dropping bombs in in P3 with the 2nd soak in all other phases the soak happens just before bombs start dropping and there is time to move out of the incoming tank. It seems it is always me who has to dodge the soakers and I do try and weave my way around but it is difficult. And sometimes people get hit by them - again this should be avoidable if one just keeps an eye where the tank is moving. There will be occasions where people will get hit, thats the rgn part of the game that we all love lol.
Posted Feb 3, 18 · OP
NoticeNotices