8 replies
Nina (cl)
Class Leader
Votes:
+10
Class Leader
Active
Warcraft
It is that time again! changing gear and dps going up and down like a jo-jo cos of it.
The new set isn't great by no means, it seems also that with it demonic spec is the way to go <cry> HOWEVER with that comes bit of an issue in the new raid, as ~80% of bosses are pure ST. And that means burst is doing to be down, with not enough adds to fuel demonic spec..
DH = mid table dps by the looks of it. Still solid which is always nice.
For M+ .. oh yes, give me that full set asap! <3
Raddons & belt seem to be recomended at the moment to go with full set t21 bonus (and full demonic spec)
Until that I would suggest sticking with AngryDog if you have it and upgrade those 2 to ilvl 1000 and then Raddons and belt (keep in mind this might change)
As usual, lets see how it goes. get the set pieces but I would suggest sticking with the t20 until you have gotten 4x t21's.
Posted Nov 24, 17 · OP · Last edited Nov 24, 17
Votes:
+15
Active
Wildstar
Warcraft
Thanks Nina...will our stat priority change you think?
Posted Nov 24, 17
Nina (cl)
Class Leader
Votes:
+10
Class Leader
Active
Warcraft
Havent seen anything indicating that but im holding onto some odd bits and pieces just in case
Posted Nov 25, 17 · OP
Nina (cl)
Class Leader
Votes:
+10
Class Leader
Active
Warcraft
There is another approach to this set and that is to think of it as giving you the benefit of semi demonic set with out actually speccing for it on a single target boss or with very little adds one.
the 4 set will give you the haste buff you would get from using Demonic talent with out actually speccing into it.
Posted Dec 10, 17 · OP
Votes:
+15
Active
Wildstar
Warcraft
yes - that make sense - i told you I tried out the demonic spec with 2 pieces in LFR yesterday - and Single target was a joke - I think my dps was like 200-300K - i just was not getting enough fury to do anything...I only have 2 pieces of T21 tho - so really we need the 4 pieces to benifit from t21.
Also just read that it looks like we should be looking at specs and running this:
Crit > Mastery > Versatility > Haste
331X333
There is some debate as to which legendaries are best - with many saying forget Raddons and use DOG - with a ring on any ST fight longer than 5 mins - and Cinderbelt and a ring with anything less.
The new legendary ring - that gives some buff from the Netherlight Relics -seems the obvious choice in most cases - but this may need simming.
Posted Dec 10, 17
Nina (cl)
Class Leader
Votes:
+10
Class Leader
Active
Warcraft
i dont see the benefit of using Raddons on a single target or with something with only few adds, the reduction on eye beam over time is going to be minimal on a fight like that. I'd still stick with AngryDog to be honest.
for demonic the stat prio is Crit>mastery>vers>haste but if you are not going to run with demonic then stick with the old prios. I am yet to see a class that the new ring is recomended, personally I'd stay the hell out of it if you have shoulders/Dog etc.
Posted Dec 11, 17 · OP
Votes:
+15
Active
Wildstar
Warcraft
Right - i have looked at various top EU demon hunters - on https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pve-stats/best-players/demonhunter/havoc
Method are for the most part all running T20 4 set at a very high (945+) level + Angry dog - and filling in everything else with either titanforged mythic 10+ pieces or heroic/mythic drops from Antorus. (because they would have farmed mythic TOS for ages, they can I guess do this)
There are a couple of Russians using demonic build that looked like they were raiding, and further on down teh list other DH in high mythic guilds are running Demonic.
To use demonic and raid effectively, it looks like you need ilevel 950+ and 50+ crit and 30+ mastery - with 17-20% haste and vers is = whatever.
I simmed myself today many, many times, went and killed a bunch of world bosses - and the highest I got is 2.4Million in demonic....for ST.
I have readjusted my stats priority to crit - mastery - haste - vers. (50/33/17/9)

thoughts?
Posted Dec 15, 17
Larnen (O)(cl)O
Class Leader
Votes:
+216
Admins
Online on Site
Guild Master
Officer
Class Leader
Active
Wildstar
Warcraft
Its interesting re the 4 set, most priests are doing the same. Based on last tier, expect nerfs shortly!
1dURcqH.png
Posted Dec 16, 17
Nina (cl)
Class Leader
Votes:
+10
Class Leader
Active
Warcraft
I don't like with when blizzard wants people to go into a specific spec, I can't stand the demonic spec, its clumsy and weird to play for me. I recon tho you can produce the same numbers with old spec and just ignore the t21 set unless a piece has right stats on it.
If you are checking peoples armory, dont forget that it updates on what ever gear/spec they logged off. Demonic us quite common spec to be used in m+
Another reason why I dislike the full demonic spec is that Fellrush is in the rotation, with bosses where position is important thats just not cool. you can't be zipping in and out all over the place
Posted Dec 16, 17 · OP · Last edited Dec 17, 17
NoticeNotices