Online on Site
Guild Master
Officer
Class Leader
Active
Wildstar
Warcraft
Hi Commanders,
Some interesting news at the Elite Expo the other day. They are going to introduce 'Squadrons' which for all intents and purposes are Guilds, and allows Squadrons to purchase Fleet Carriers, at which you can dock, repair, refuel, rearm and respawn. That makes it possible for Conclave to become an actual entity in Elite, and have a mobile base of operations.

You can see what they said about it here.

In addition, if you are an Explorer, you may be interested to hear that Distant Worlds 2 is now being planned for. It's due to hit in about a year, and the details can be found here.

Personally I'm very interested in both these developments :)
Larnen
1dURcqH.png
Posted Oct 12, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Dizcordia (O)(cl)
Class Leader
Votes:
+63
Officer
Class Leader
Active
Wildstar
Warcraft
Sounds good. I really like the game, but the lack of meaningful multiplayer features/objectives (unless you enjoy PvP) always made my gaming sessions there rather short. Depending how these plans pan out, and how deep and engaging they make a multiplayer guild experience, I may well be tempted to dust off my Track IR, boot up Astra (or maybe even purchase Eden), and jump back in.

Let's hope they don't take too long over it though, since Star Citizen is sure to release at some point...might not be till next decade....but at some point :p
Posted Oct 12, 17 · Last edited Oct 12, 17
Nahbyr (O)(cl)
Class Leader
Votes:
+24
Officer
Class Leader
Active
Wildstar
Warcraft
I still hope for Star Citizen, but the release has been pushed back so far that I worry.
New technologies and hardware mean they have to start large chunks of the code from scratch every so often.

Haven't played ED in a long time. I've bought the life-long upgrade pack, so any future expansions are free for me. Would love to see CoD become a known entity on ED.
6f93cbe2168d009e1e06e6d3eae366c8.jpg
Posted Oct 12, 17
Larnen (O)(cl)O
Class Leader
Votes:
+216
Admins
Online on Site
Guild Master
Officer
Class Leader
Active
Wildstar
Warcraft
ED really misses PVE content that is group based. That's literally all it needs to be amazing, as the engine is superb. Yes there are Community Goals, but ....meh.....I get the idea but its like having 1 quest per week for the whole game. Lets have a mass of goals all over the universe that we can work on as groups, take over shit, get rare upgrades, find and unlock special things.

That said ED remains by FAR the best space game out there. It does so much right, just needs a bit more PVE group content and rare stuff and it'd be top rate.

Larn

ps Did you guys note that Thargoids are back and there are skirmishes taking place all over with them?
1dURcqH.png
Posted Oct 12, 17 · OP
NoticeNotices